If you Love to Travel I’m giving you the best advice today…
How to Create your dream travel Bucket List!
Because in a few days I will be in Malta celebrating Christmas I decided to write this article TODAY! So…You can start hate me right now! Anyway, I think you already know how much I love to travel.
Traveling is one of my top 5 addictions! Maybe I don’t do it as often as I want to and this means at least once a month! But I do it as often as possible! And when I’m not doing it, I read about amazing places and fabulous treasures and put them on my dream Travel BUCKET LIST!
Because to me it happened …at the beginning of 2014 one of my wishes became true! I spent my New Year’s Eve in Mexico and I had the chance to take some pictures with a baby crocodile and an yellow boa constrictor. I hate to rate things, but this was without a doubt one of my top 10 travel experiences so far.
Every traveler knows that the best way to better one’s mind, body and soul is to explore a new culture or spend time in a foreign land. It’s a big, beautiful planet we live in. With so much to see, I thought It’s time to inspire you for creating your dream travel bucket list!
I overheard these days that Travel BUCKET LISTS were only for when you are about to die. It made me wonder how many of you think this way also? I completely disagree, because my travel bucket list is never ending! I cross an experience off and then I find another one to add it! I think that everyone should aspire and make their own Travel BUCKET LIST. Here are some tips:
“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” — St. Augustine
1. Always Dream BIG
Think about what makes you happy and where would you go if you don’t have to worry about work, money and other commitments? The Bucket List Guy says it’s all about increasing the focus on what makes you happy in your life. Be open-minded and have a never-ending state of curiosity. It’s nothing wrong with tourist attractions but there’s plenty of other things that can become memorable experiences! Think outside the Box and Don’t stick to the top recommendations!
2. Think about what you want to achieve
We should never let fear eliminate our thirst for curiosity. If you want to learn a new skill, you must face your fears! Think first about what you want to achieve and find the best place to do it.
3. Do your own research
When you want to travel research is very important because is helping you familiarize with the places you want to discover. Always look after places that you’re naturally drawn to. Every traveler has a story and everyone loves talking about their experiences around the world. So, You can take new ideas by speaking with friends and even strangers about their travels.
You just need to pay attention to their stories!
4. Set travel goals
You don’t have to be rich to travel. This is a misconception because in reality travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer. The only thing you have to do is putting money aside for your travels. If you set some travel goals and a realistic plan, your funds could last for upcoming planned travels.
I’m so glad, I decided to ignore the voices telling me that some of my bucket list dreams couldn’t be done and I wrote them down anyway.
5. Enjoy it!
Making your Travel Bucket List it means a blissful reminder of how much you’re living life and doing what makes you truly happy. In the end, these are beautiful memories that you’ll have for the rest of your life. Travel learned me so many things about the world and myself that I hadn’t even thought of. It gave me a sense of achievement and open up so many opportunities I just never know.
So…take your time and write down your Bucket List!
Don’t let your time waste, embrace and enjoy it!
My Question is – do you have already a travel bucket list?
If you Do Please share them in the comment section below!
With a new exciting year just around the corner, I’ve been dreaming and plotting new adventures to share with you! For 2016 I want to visit Bali and Singapore, to spend another summer holiday in beautiful Greece, to finally land and explore one of my dream destination of Zanzibar & Tanzania and deep my toes into more blue waters around the world. And of course to spent a month in amazing New York City. Oh God…Please Help me!
Here’s a peek at my long Travel Bucket List …
- Tour of Europe
- Spend a week in each island of Greece
- Enjoy the sun on a Caribbean Cruise from Punta Cana
- Take a 3 Night Jordan Private Tour: Petra, Wadi Rum and the Dead Sea
- Skydiving above the Palm Islands Dubai
- Visit Eiffel Tower
- Enjoy the breathtaking view from Basilique du Montmartre in Paris
- See the spectacular Crown Jewels in Tower of London that offers a window on to a gruesome and quite compelling history
- Take a day trip far away from London to see Windsor Castle, Bath and Stonehenge
- Visit Buckingham Palace in London
- Eat an Expensive Meal in Paris -because the best food in the world: French and The best restaurants in France
- Shopping in Paris
- Rent a boat to explore the Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Party in Ibiza
- Enjoy one of the luxurious hotels on the beautiful island of Mallorca
- Visit Andalusia most famous cities in 4-days Spain Tour: Cordoba, Seville and Granada from Madrid
- Explore Barcelona and marvel in front of Sagrada Familia
- Climb to the Reichstag’s roof in Berlin that offers spectacular views over the city and close-ups of the modern, Norman Foster–designed glass dome powering from the historic building
- Pay respects at the Holocaust Memorial and visit Berlin Wall and Branderburg Gate
- Soak in one of the hot springs in Europe, like Széchenyi Baths in Budapest
- Visit Acropolis in Athens
- Visit Cote d’Azur
- Visit Cannes during the Film Festival
- Take your lunch at fabulous EDEN ROC Restaurant with all the stars
- Take a boat to Ile Sainte Marguerite
- Enjoy a morning or afternoon of Vatican splendor on a 2-hours skip-the-line tour of the Vatican Museums, Sixtine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica.
- See the longest nose in the Balkans – KALIAKRA Cape
- If you are a Romanian don’t dare to miss Queen Marie Castle in Balchik Bulgaria
- Canal cruise is one of Amsterdam’s most popular attraction
- Spend a day in beautiful Positano
- Boat tour in Capri
- See Capri’s Blue Grotto
- La Dolce Vita in Sorrento
- Sailing through Corniche Islands
- Visit the old town of Zadar and see the Greetings to the SUN Monument
- See all the white houses in Mykonos
- Perched on the edge of the cliffs in Santorini to see the most breathtaking views of the volcano and the Caldera with Oia on the right side
- Smuggle a chocolate bar out of Switzerland
- Skiing in Winter Wonderland Chamonix – the most beautiful mountain resorts I’ve ever been
- See a football match of FC Barcelona in Camp Nou
- See Aphrodite’s Rock in Paphos Cyprus – the birthplace of Aphrodite, Goddess of Love and Fertility.
- Eat Haggis in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Climb to the Acropolis in Athens
- Ride a Gondola in Venice
- Visit Blue Mosque in Istanbul and take a Bosphorus Cruise
- Go skiing in Austria
- Arrive at the Neuschwanstein Castle nearby Munich in Cinderella style by opting for the horse-and-carriage ride.
- Sunbathing in Sardinia’s Costa Smeralda
- Eat mussels and enjoy a glass of beer in Grand Place Brussels
- Visit Mini Europe
- Bring a Kid to Disneyland
- Taking a warm mineral bath at the Pamukkale Thermal Pool in Turkey
- Eat pizzas in Rome
- Visit Malta
- Desert Safari in Dubai
- See the world from the tallest building on Earth – Burj Khalifa
- Take your breakfast in Burj al Arab Hotel and enjoy the views
- Spend a day at AquaAdventure
- Beach Side Dining at BBQ Al Qasr, a unique outdoor restaurant in Emirates Palace, on the shores of Abu Dhabi Gulf
- Spend a day at Ferrari World on Yas Island Abu Dhabi that claims to be the largest indoor theme park in the world
- Visit the breathtaking Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque wearing an Abaya
- Fly with Emirates or Etihad Airlines once in your life
- Enjoy the powdery sand and crystal clear waters on JUMEIRAH Beach Dubai
- Take a day trip to see the Mountain of the Sun – Jebel Shams – Oman’s highest mountains known for the view into the spectacularly deep Wadi Ghul lying alongside it
- Visit Kuwait Towers, Kuwait’s most famous landmark, with their distinctive blue-green ‘sequins’
- Hiking the Table Mountain – a flat-topped mountain forming a prominent landmark overlooking the city of Cape Town in South Africa
- Hang out and swim with the penguins at Boulders Beach a part of the Table Mountain National Park in South Africa
- Set foot on Antarctica—the world’s least visited continent, watch majestic albatross soar by the ship while crossing the Drake Passage and witness immense icebergs and magnificent glaciers
- Arrive into Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world
- Spend a week at the magnificent Halong Bay, ‘where the dragon descends into the sea’, designated a World Heritage Site in 1994
- Cuts a channel across Panama from Colón (Atlantic) to Balboa (near Pacific)
- Spend a day at Teotihuacán to see the Pyramids of the Sun and the Moon – fabulous archaeological zone and Mexico’s biggest ancient city a
- Explore the amazing ruins of Tulum, Palenque and Tikal
- Rent your dream bungalow in Tulum Paradise Mexico and spend one month enjoying the most beautiful beach on Earth
- Visit one of the 7 New Wonders of the World CHICHEN ITZA
- Swim in the Secret River at XCARET Park Mexico
- Drive a Jeep Safari around Cozumel Island
- Visit Moscow – Russia’s capital city is a marvel for its vodka culture, fairytale-like
- Full Moon Party in Koh Phangan Thailand
- Walk down the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Gamble in Las Vegas – If you do it right, one visit to Vegas is enough!
- Carnaval in Rio de Janeiro
- Drive a tuk-tuk in Bangkok
- Bargaining at the local markets in Bangkok and experience the city eating your way through it
- Ride an elephant in Thailand
- BANGKOK – tour the golden Buddhist temples and treat yourself with a traditional massage
- Take a tour of Damnoen Saduak Floating Market when in Bangkok
- Visit India’s TAJ MAHAL – one of the most beautiful and recognizable buildings in the world
- Walk the Great Wall of China and stare down the Terracota Warrriors
- Learn to surf in Australia
- Have fun at Coachella Festival in California
- Wander through the medinas and souks in Morocco
- Machu Picchu – The Inca’s most sacred city is magnificent for its perch among the clouds on the dramatic slopes of the Andes in Peru.
- Go to Manhattan, New York
- Take a ferry to visit the Statue of Liberty
- Spend a month in New York City – It’s the stuff of childhood dreams and Sinatra songs, and it doesn’t disappoint.
- Visit the Empire State Building‘s world-famous observation deck for unparalleled skyline views
- Don’t pass up an opportunity to take in the ancient Pyramids of Giza & Great Sphinx in Egypt, perhaps the most magical and iconic of the world’s great wonders
- See the Northern lights, also known as Aurora Borealis in 2024 – Scientists say the Northern Lights is brightest and best-viewed every 11 years. The next ideal viewing period begins in 2024.
- Visit Victoria Falls – the world’s largest waterfall
- Sunbathe in South Beach, Miami
- Attending the Mardi Gras in New Orleans
- Swim With Dolphins
- Take pictures with the penguins in South Africa
- Go on an African Safari to see elephants, lions, leopard, water buffalo and gazelles in their own element.
- Ride a camel in the desert
- Sleep in a water bungalow in Bora Bora
- Learn to surf in Hawaii and visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Learn to dance Tango in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Take in the beautiful beaches of Bali, the magnificent mountains, verdant rice paddies, and the warm, colorful people who call this Indonesian island home
- Spend my dream honeymoon in Seychelles -an Indian Ocean archipelago nation made up of 155 islands
- Take a bath in the saltiest naturally water – Dead Sea, on the Israel-Jordan border
- Visit the Temple Mount and The Church of the Holy Sepulchure in the Old City of Jerusalem
- Take Yoga classes in India
- Take a bath in the Blue Lagoon – Iceland’s famous turquoise-hued geothermal spa
- See the amazing Iguazu Falls Argentina
- Visit Petra in Jordan – this once-forgotten sandstone civilization in the south of Jordan and one of the 7 World Wonders
- Snorkel and see the coral in Coron, the Philippines
- Take a helicopter tour of the World’s largest reef – Great Barrier Reef in the Australian Sea
- Meet a celebrity in New York
- Raft the Colorado River
- Bathe in a waterfall
- Snorkeling with beautiful fish in Caribbean Sea
- Ride the Atlantic road in Norway
- Swim at Marina Bay Sands SkyPark in Singapore
- Spend a night in a castle
- Visit Hong Kong
- Discover the beaches and check out the view from the lighthouse in Byron Bay
- Walk around the medieval town of Byblos Lebanon
- Take a boat tour of the Jeita Grotto
- Visit Providence Canyon in Georgia, USA
- Take a dip in the pink-colored lake on Middle Island, Western Australia – Lake Hillier
- Watching the sunrise at the iconic Hindu Temple Angkor Wat in Cambodgia – the world’s largest religious monument
- Discover vibrant Vietnam and the very best of Indochina
- St. John Day Trip from St.Thomas, islands sightseeing in the Caribbean
- Visit famous Stingray City in Grand Cayman and play with the friendly southern stingrays
- Spend your holiday in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Visit Virgin Islands National Park
- Discover the fort of El Morro in Old San Juan
- Visit several of Guatemala’s Spanish colonial towns and modern-day Mayan villages
- See all the Pacific Islands
- Cruise the southern islands of the Galápagos
- Follow in the steps of the ancient Peruvians on an Inca trek, from Lima to Cuzco
What’s so great about this Bucket List?
Is the fact that I can clearly see what I did (see more pictures if you click on the link) and what I still have to do and focus on making those dreams happen.
Like the poet William Ross Wallace said:
“Every man dies — not every man really lives.”
So how do you know if you’re really living if you don’t have a Travel Bucket List?